The Lithuanian companies working on the roads have been reorganized on January 1st, 1965, for the purpose of separating the road construction and road exploitation. Therefore, the Panevezys Road Building Society No. 5 was established and took over the road, street and bridge building and reconstruction projects in the region. Algimantas Butkunas was appointed as the Director of the Panevezys Road Building Society No. 5 and Jonas Grazys became the Chief Engineer.
• In 1965 the Karsakiskis manufacturing base was established, which had the first thermos for asphalt compound in the country. The base was in use until 1989.
• In 1965 the Pakruojis asphalt-concrete base was established, where the asphalt mixer was exploited, granite macadam was made and concrete mixer worked for two years. The base was in use until 1989.
• In 1967 four bridges were built in Pasvalys-Siauliai route.
• In 1969 the bridge over Nevezis River in Respublikos Street in Panevezys was completed.
• In 1969 the establishment of the administrative and manufacturing base in Saldeliu Street (now S. Kerbedzio Street) in Panevezys was completed.
• In 1970 a stonebreaker was built in the Paistrys gravel-sand quarry.
• In 1970 the bridge reconstruction over Levuo River in Panevezys-Pasvalys route was completed and the building of Kaunas-Cinkiskis (Klaipeda) highway had begun. The works on the Vilnius-Kaunas highway – the first in Lithuania – were completed. There were double traffic lanes constructed in each direction and they were separated by a lawn.
• In 1971 the reconstruction of the third category road Pasvalys-Siauliai was finished and the asphalt coating was 7 metres wide.
• In 1972 the reconstruction of the Panevezys-Krekenava road was completed. 11.1 km of the road was renewed and the sections of Smilgiai-Rozalimas route amounting to 12.5 km overall were reconstructed.
• In 1973 the departure road from Ukmerge in Ukmerge-Panevezys route undergone major repairs and the asphalt coating was widened. In Panevezys-Pasvalys rote 15.9 km section was reconstructed.
• In 1974 the 8.9 km length section of Krekenava-Panevezys road was reconstructed.
• In 1977 the 8.82 km length section in Troskunai-Juostininkai road was reconstructed.
• In 1978 the construction of the concrete unit and cement warehouse in Sandeliu Street in Panevezys was completed. In Krekenava-Upyte road a 7.5 km length section was reconstructed.
• In 1979 the bridge over Nevezys River in Elektronikos Street in Panevezys was built. The bridge length is 53 metres, overall width – 20.5 m.
• In 1980 the Panevezys-Siauliai road was reconstructed. 32.7 km of second category roads was built along with 7.5 m wide carriageway. Two bridges were also built in that road.
• In 1981 reconstruction works were conducted in the 4.9 km long section of Pakruojis-Pusalotas road and in the 7.38 km long section of Mairiskiai-Zibartoniai road.
• In 1985 the works to establish manufacturing base in Tiekimo Street in Panevezys were completed. The works began in 1967. A railway section was built for the purpose of serving the manufacturing base and the off-loader of inert materials from the wagon was automated. New facilities were also built, such as a cement storage warehouse of 1700-ton capacity, bitumen storage unit, thermal unit, 30-ton vehicle scales, site for inert material storage and daily facilities.
• In 1986 the first sections of Ukmerge-Panevezys highway were opened to traffic.
• In 1986 the manufacturing base started using asphalt mixer “Teltomat” which was made in Germany.
• In 1986 the Society acquired the largest piece of machinery yet – the bulldozer “Ceboksar” with a 330 horse power engine and overall weight of 56 tons. Up until that time they used light and medium trailing graders, excavator with 0.65 cubic metre pan, tractors-bulldozers S-100, bulldozers T-180, funicular excavator with 2.5 cubic metre pan, hydraulic excavator with reverse 1 cubic metre pan, crane with lifting capacity of 16 tons and crane with lifting capacity of 25 tons and caterpillar track
• In 1986 the technical park was supplemented with the layer “Titan”, made in German Federal Republic. Until then the asphalt was laid with locally made layers. The Czechoslovakian leveller “Satur” and the “Tatra” machine were used to level the road slopes.
• In 1988 one lane of the Vilnius-Panevezys highway up to the Silai-Raguva crossing was opened for traffic. New section in the Taujenai circuit was brought to use.
• In the autumn of 1989 one lane of the Vilnius-Panevezys highway up to the Panevezys-Kedainiai road was opened for traffic.
• In 1989 a new bitumen vat, a gasified bitumen production and asphalt mixers were constructed and put to use. A second asphalt mixer “Teltomat” also became operational.
AB Panevezio keliai:
The state company (former Road Building Society No. 5) was reorganized to AB Panevezio keliai on April 22nd, 1993. The new company settled in the former road building society’s base. At that time AB Panevezio keliai was recognised as the best road building company in the country, having successfully completed projects of national importance: the building of Kaunas-Cinkiskis-Klaipeda and Vilnius-Ukmerge-Panevezys highways.
• In 1994 the bitumen emulsion base started operations and the timber processing department was constructed in the manufacturing base in Tiekimo Street in Panevezys.
• In 1995 the 4.3.km long section of Panevezy city western bypass connecting Vilnius-Panevezys, Panevezys-Kedainiai and Panevezys-Siauliai highways was opened for traffic.
AB Panevezio keliai group of companies:
• In 1996 AB Panevezio keliai purchased the asphalt-concrete manufacturing base and road construction equipment in Rokiskis, establishing a subdivision there. .
• In 1996 the cold asphalt-concrete production started.
• In 1997 a 7 km long section of Panevezys-Kedainiai-Cinkiskis road was opened for traffic.
• In 1997 the workers finished strengthening the asphalt coating of a 7 km long section in Panevezys-Pasvalys-Riga road.
• In 1997 the bitumen emulsion base was reorganized into UAB Dangu emulsija in order to separate the building services and building material production. At the end of the year AB Panevezio keliai became a shareholder in AB Ukmerges keliai.
• In 1998 the workers started using geotextile when strengthening old asphalt coating, placing it between the old asphalt layer and the new one.
• In 1998 the last 7.5 km long part of the left side of Vilnius-Ukmerge-Panevezys highway was opened for traffic.
• In 1998 a 7.8 km long section of Panevezys-Kedainiai-Cinkiskis highway was opened for traffic.
• In 1998 the works of the first gravel road asphalting project in Lithuania were completed. 60.7 km of gravel roads were asphalted.
• In 1998 the road coating was strengthened in 10.7 km section of Raubonys-Latvia’s border in Panevezys-Pasvalys-Riga route.
On June 1st, 1998, the long-acting leader of the company Algimantas Butkunas became the President of AB Panevezio keliai and Virmantas Puidokas, the former Director for Commerce in UAB Klovainiu skalda was appointed the Director General.
• The company started using geonets to stabilize the cone slopes along bridges and viaducts; and in Janapilis town on the Kavarskas-Traupis-Levaniskis road recycled asphalt-concrete was used for the first time. This technology allowed to reuse old asphalt coating removed by milling.
• Another part of the international highway Via Baltica was opened for traffic: the Panevezys city northern bypass (10.4 km long). The southern, western and northern bypasses surrounding Panevezys diverted transit traffic away from the city.
• The installation of gravel road asphalting, road coating strengthening and traffic safety program package throughout the country was completed.
• The “Dorogi Baltiki” company of joint Lithuanian and Russian capital started operating in Kaliningrad (Russian Federation).
• AB Panevezio keliai became a shareholder in one of the country’s largest construction companies: AB Panevezio statybos trestas.
• AB Panevėžio keliai received the ISO 9001 certificate validating the quality management system.
• The company purchased some shares of UAB Zarasu automobiliu keliai.
• A company of joint Lithuanian and foreign capital “Baltdormoststoj” established in Kaliningrad.
• Asphalting of 35.66 km long section of gravel roads was finished.
• Via Baltica highway development works completed in a 9.67 km long section.
• Asphalt-concrete coating processing works conducted in Panevezys and Utena regions. Overall length of sections: 76.4 km.
• The Lithuanian gravel roads project package works were conducted: fieldwork, road and environment safety constructions, road coating, trimming and development, amounting to 58.66 km in total.
• “Sovriemiennyjie Technologiji Dorog” company established in Ukraine.
• AB Panevezio keliai purchased some shares of UAB Aukštaitijos traktas.
• The road coating was strengthened in Vilnius-Panevezys highway section 43.0-112.9 km.
• The final part of the international highway Via Baltica: Nausode crossing reconstructed into a two-level crossing.
• The construction works of a two-level crossing of T.Narbuto Street and Laisves Avenue in Vilnius. AB Panevezio keliai worked on the overhead road and supporting wall construction in this object.
• 3.2 km long section of the southern entrance to Panevezys was reconstructed.
• Construction of K.Ladygos Street and J.Kubiliaus Street in the North Town in Vilnius.
• “E Package“: reconstruction works on all road sections across Lithuania, 38.6 km of highway sections in total in various parts of the country.
• A two-year gravel road asphalting program was completed in Panevezys and Utena districts. 33.4 km of gravel roads have been asphalted in both districts.
• Some shares of UAB Sostines gatves and real estate company UAB Alproka in Vilnius were purchased along with establishment of UAB Strateginiai turto sprendimai. AB Panevezio keliai also purchased some shares of UAB Constructus that operates in Latvia as well as Lithuania.
• Following the development and investment program the first step into the Latvian road building market was taken. “Latgales Celdaris” SIA established in 2004 in Daugavpils.
• The final works conducted on the first stage of the Via Baltica highway reconstruction in Kaunas, Panevezys and Marijampole districts. Road coating strengthening of major and regional roads program 2004-2005 and gravel road asphalting program 2004-2005 works were completed.
• Road surface processing works conducted in Panevezys and Utena districts.
• The Panevezys-Vilnius highway asphalt-concrete road coating repair projection and repair works were completed.
• Real estate company UAB Realtus was established in Vilnius.
• AB Panevezio keliai bought the “Union Asphalttechnik” road construction and building material production company based in Riga.
• A real estate company UAB Naujasis Uzupis in Vilnius was created.
• Two-year road coating strengthening in major and regional roads program was completed.
• Traffic safety and environment protection implementation project was begun in the entire country.
• The two-year program of asphalting gravel roads was established.
• 14 railway bridges in Vilnius-Klaipeda transport corridor were reconstructed along with the Kybartai railway bridge.
• Traffic safety and environmental safety measures were installed across the country following the project of 2004-2006.
• Major repairs finished on Nevezis Bridge in Smelynes Street in Panevezys.
• Road coating strengthening project works of 2004-2006 in major and regional roads were completed.
• The works were completed on the Trans-European network roads Vilnius-Panevezys, Vilnus-Lida, Panevezys-Siauliai and Siauliai-Palanga according to the development program of 2004-2006.
• Construction of transport junction from Konstitucijos Avenue to Ukmerges Street in Vilnius began.
• AB Panevezio keliai and UAB Tilsta started the reconstruction of S.Dariaus and S.Gireno Street viaduct over the railroad and its approaches.
• The Traffic safety and environmental safety measures’ installation project of 2006-2007 was completed.
• Asphalt-concrete surface processing works conducted in sections maintained by the public institutions “Panevezio regiono keliai” and “Utenos regiono keliai”.
• Road coating strengthening works completed in a section from 24.00 to 31.55 km of the major Daugavpils-Rokiskis-Panevezys road of state importance.
• Road coating strengthening works conducted in a section from 4.57 to 8.9 km of the Panevezys-Pasvalys-Riga highway of state importance.
• Road coating was strengthened in 118.7-130.23 km section of Kaunas-Zarasai-Daugavpils highway of state importance.
• IX Cretan corridor railway bridges’ reconstruction continues.
• Repairs were conducted on 10.89-21.31 km section of Pagoje-Sudeikiai-Viesintos regional road of state importance in Anyksciai district.
• The construction of Konstitucijos Avenue and Ukmerges Street transport junction was completed.
• UAB PST Investicijos was established in order to optimise real estate management.
• The reconstruction of Joniskelis transport and communications system that began in 2007 was finished.
• Reconstruction of S.Dariaus and S.Gireno Street viaduct over the railroad and its approaches was completed.
• Road coating strengthened in 101.3-106.15 km section of Daugavpils-Rokiskis-Panevezys road of state importance.
• The works of the 3rd package of gravel road asphalting program 2006-2008 were completed.
• The works on the first stage of the “Development of the Trans-European network roads E85 (Vilnius-Lida) and E272 (Vilnius-Panevezys-Siauliai-Palanga). The reconstruction and road coating strengthening of Vilnius-Panevezys, Panevezys-Siauliai, Siauliai-Palanga roads” project (contract No.1) began.
• The asphalt-concrete surface processing works were completed in sections maintained by “Panevezio regiono keliai”. Overall length – 57.61 km.
• Asphal-concrete surface processing works completed in road of state importance, and maintained by “Utenos regiono keliai”. Overall length – 53.01 km.
• Road was strengthened in 130.23-134.12 km section of Kaunas-Zarasaii-Daugavpils highway of state importance.
• Sections 0.48-3.91 km and 4.39-8.64 km of the Andrioniskis-Padvarininkai-Viesintos road of state importance in Anyksciai district were reconstructed.
• The works for 2007-2008 of the gravel road asphalting program in Eastern Lithuania (2nd package) were finished.
• The works of the first stage of “Trans-European network road E262 (Kaunas-Zarasai-Daugavpils) development. Road reconstruction and coating strengthening” project contract No. 2 were completed.
• The reconstruction of Ukmerges Street, Laisves Avenue and Ateities Street crossing was finished.
• AB Panevezio keliai purchased some UAB Paversmio karjeras shares.
• Works began on the Trans-European network junction – Vilnius City western bypass stage I-A (reconstruction of the Lazdynai) and Stage I (from Oslo Street to L. Asanaviciutes Street).
• The IX Cretan corridor railway bridges’ reconstruction was finished. It began in 2007.
• Reconstruction of 3 sections of the highway Kaunas-Zarasai-Daugavpils was completed.
• The building of Panevezys Industrial Park infrastructure began.
• The works on Trans-European network road E67 (Via Baltica) development were completed. The road coating was strengthened and the Marvele crossing reconstructed.
• Road coating strengthened and widened in 0.04-3.77 km section of regional Trakai-Lentvaris-Murine road of state significance.
• AB Panevezio keliai bought UAB Keltecha, which provides freighting services in Lithuania and overseas.